Currently no.

Google Fusion tables probably make more sense than straight google doc
spreadsheet, as they have spatial types and I don't believe spreadsheets
do.  But I guess you could do like x,y in a spreadsheet.  Or if we had cool
joining capabilities it'd be possible.

But we don't even have Google Fusion table support yet.  So probably pretty
far away from being able to meet your needs, but an interesting thought.

Chris