Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. Yes i just went through fusion tables and they are
very cool. Would be a great candidate to be included into Geoserver as
another data source if possible.

The great thing with google docs is that anyone can access use and change
them. It is much easier for those without any GIS/IT software experience to
enter data even if its its just for data entry. If they are linked
dynamically with Geoserver that would be great.

Imagine a natural disaster and hundreds of users are entering damage data
report from the field on fusion tables and translated in real time on
geoserver for access by decision makers/ emergency response agency using
QGIS or Openlayers as client.

I know ushahidi does this but i rather like the openness and flexibility of
Geoserver from a mapserver perspective as i am able to add any data we have
on it that is not available on others.

Just an idea.

Regards,

Nome

> Currently no.
>
> Google Fusion tables probably make more sense than straight google doc
> spreadsheet, as they have spatial types and I don't believe spreadsheets
> do.  But I guess you could do like x,y in a spreadsheet.  Or if we had cool
> joining capabilities it'd be possible.
>
> But we don't even have Google Fusion table support yet.  So probably
> pretty far away from being able to meet your needs, but an interesting
> thought.
>
> Chris
>
>  On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Nomeneta Saili <nome.sa...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  Hi People,
>>
>> Just wondering if Geoserver can open Google docs spreadsheet on
>> Geoserver. Say for example if you edit the tabular data on Google doc
>> spread sheet the attribute data will also change on Geoserver.
>>
>> Cheers

Nomeneta Saili
MIS/GIS Ofiicer
EPC Vaitele