Very basic question here, but I can't seem to find any documentation on it:

When creating a store using Oracle JNDI, I have the option for "Estimated
Extends". I can't seem to find any documentation on this option. Could someone
explain what exactly this does and when I would want to have this on or off?
 Ivan Suftin - Applications Developer - isuf...@usgs.gov
 Office: (608) 821-3825  - Cell : (608) 345-8963
 Center for Integrated Data Analytics - http://cida.usgs.gov/
 United States Geological Survey
 8505 Research Way, Middleton, WI 53562

Where a calculator like the ENIAC today is equipped with
18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in
the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and perhaps
weigh only 1½ tons.
- Andrew Hamilton,  Popular Mechanics, 1949