Michael,

I'm hoping to reinstall on a VM and document my install soon.

Ben

On Monday, July 2, 2012, Michael Smith <micha...@abag.ca.gov> wrote:
> The native JAI Windows installers install the files to
JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\ext

> To try and get the Windows installers output recognized I tried the
following:
> 1- set symlinks to the files installed in JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\ext in
JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\i386
> 2 - set symlinks to the files installed in JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\ext in
tomcat\webapps\geoserver\WEB-INF\lib (thought I would try this again and
leave the 1.1.3 off the end of the file names to see if the name was what
caused the server status to read false for native JAI)

> Neither option worked. I also added the JRE location within the JDK to
the system PATH statement.

> When GeoServer is deployed as a WAR through Apache Tomcat it is not
installed as its own service, so there is no wrapper.conf generated that
can be edited. To make sure it was not in another location I did a search
on the entire drive.

http://geo-solutions.blogspot.it/2010/02/fix-gdal-extension-not-working-with.html

> Cheers
> Andrea