Hello list,

on our 2.1.3.-geoserver we recently got problems with the layers based on
one specific datastore (which is a directory of spatial files). We didn´t
apply any obvious changes to the layers based on this store (apart from
activating and deactivating a few layers a few weeks ago).

Following behavior is observed: First all pointbased layers based on the
datastore were disabled by geoserver automatically . The log showed the
following message for them:
"featureType:
GVP:GVP_socioeconomics_household-farm-distance_atankwidi-ghana_2006_pnt does
not have a properly configured datastore"
We didn´t find anything wrong within the configuration of the datastore
though. Deactivating each layer and reactivating them again afterwards made
them work again. But when we restarted Geoserver the same problem occured.
I also tried to alter the configfiles for the layers in the workspace
manually (setting "enabled" in the featuretype.xml to "true"). That helped
in case of some layers but not for all.

We are kind of lost what the deeper reason for this errors could be and how
we could solve them in a sustainable manner (i.e. not having to
deactivate/reactivate all layers after restart or having to recreate all
layers).

Best regards and thanks in advance
Max Stephan