It sounds like you are using the monitoring extension (and have been for a
while) and the h2 database that maintains information about all requests
has grown very large. Unfortunately there is no sort of automatic
aggregation or cleanup of the database done in that extension, it must be
done manually.

If you don't care about your request history you can simply wipe out the
database (every file ending with "*.db"). You should stop the server before
you do this. YOu may also want to consider using a different database than
h2 as its not intended for production. Postgres is a better choice.

Or if you don't actually need to persist your request information change
the monitor mode to live.

http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/community/monitoring/configuration.html#monitor-mode

-Justin

Justin Deoliveira