On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Alexandre Djioev <dji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> then what does MapPage do? According to this proposal a Map can have
> collection of Maps, Layers and LayerGroups, which sounds to me like a tree
> structure.
> Then I can implement /rest/map.format interface and parse it on a client
> side.

It does not do anything because it does not exist, the proposal was about
the Wicket UI and what you
are referring to is just an example diagram.
The Map support was theorized, but never developed in practice due to lack
of funds
to implement it (it would take a significant amount of effort, not a
weekend project by all means)

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf