UNCLASSIFIED

Hi,

Can someone tell me if it's possible to do a WFS DWithin distance filter
in meters on a feature type who's native units are degrees?

As an example, I tried to run the following query on the sample
tiger:poi layer in GeoServer 2.2.  Instead of using the native SRS
(EPSG:4326), I used a projected SRS, hoping that the distance
calculation would occur in meters, but unfortunately it still used
degrees.  What I want to achieve is to find all features within a
specific distance (in meters) using WFS.

<wfs:GetFeature service="WFS" version="1.1.0"

  xmlns:topp="http://www.openplans.org/topp";

  xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs";

  xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc";

  xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml";

  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs

                      http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd";>

    <wfs:Query typeName="tiger:poi" srsName="EPSG:900913">

                                <Filter
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc";>

                                                <ogc:DWithin>

<ogc:PropertyName>the_geom</ogc:PropertyName>

<gml:Point
srsName="EPSG:900913"><gml:coordinates>-8238806.842956507,4969306.111096
254</gml:coordinates></gml:Point>

<Distance>1</Distance>

                                                </ogc:DWithin>

                                </Filter>

                </wfs:Query>

</wfs:GetFeature>

Thanks

Andrew

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914.
If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.