On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Dwyer, Andrew <
andrew.dw...@dsto.defence.gov.au> wrote:

> *UNCLASSIFIED*****
>
> Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> Can someone tell me if it’s possible to do a WFS DWithin distance filter
> in meters on a feature type who’s native units are degrees?

Long story short, no, there is no unit support in distance filters.
However, I believe that if you are using postgis and using the geography
data type the filter will be evaluated in meters, only
because that's the default postgis functions behavior in such case.

Adding generic support for distance units it's possible, but a decent chunk
of work

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf