Hi Andrea

You posted that:
"- GeoServer is unable to read GeoTiffs that is georeferenced by
  a custom CRS (not an official EPSG code)"

on Geoserver blog
http://blog.geoserver.org/2012/09/21/geoserver-2-2-released/ is written
that now:
"Better support for un-referenced data with the new EPSG:40400 code that
identifies a coordinate system made up of a generic 2D Cartesian plane"

and what if I have Geotiffs based on some local projection for one of
Polands cities (I don't have WKT or PRJ for this projection) and I want to
get that geotiffs serve by Geoserver WMS. How to do that ?