I'm confused.

If I define the following schema :

<element name="MyPoint" type="myNs:myType" />
<complexType name="myNs:myType">
    <complexContent>
        <extension base="gml:GeometryPropertyType">
            <sequence>
                <element name="myElem" type="string"></element>
            </sequence>
        </extension>
    </complexContent>
</complexType>

To produce the following XML :

<myNs:MyPoint srsName="...">
    <gml:pos>...</gml:pos>
    <myNs:myElem>...</myNs:myElem>
</myNs:MyPoint>

Is it just incompatible with Geoserver because "myNs:myType" inherit from
"gml:GeometryPropertyType" ?
Or is it also forbidden by GML recommendation ?

In my point of view, "myNs:MyPoint" is correct :
 - it inherits from "gml:GeometryPropertyType", so it can have "gml:pos"
property.
 - it can also have its own property "myNs:myElem"
So, I don't understand why it's not incompatible with GML Specification
(part 7.1.3).

Kind regards