Il 14/12/2012 11:39, Jonathan Moules ha scritto:
Hi Christian,
Thanks for the detailed information. I'm more inclined to picking between the OCI and the NG one's myself. I have the NG one set up and working but the OCI one doesn't work.

I get this error in the console when I hit "save" for a new OCI Oracle store:

109562 [btpool0-2] ERROR org.mortbay.log - Nested in org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc10 in
 java.library.path:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc10 in java.library.path

Hi,
it would seem you are missing ojdbc from oracle in your java library path, or the binaries like libocijdbc11.so. I had the same issue with other spring apps relying on oracle. It could be that ojdbc5/6 is missing, or it can't find the oci layer because the libraries are not in the directories the linker is parsing. I would first check if the ojdb6.jar is in the tomcat/lib directory, if not get it from oracle http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/index-091264.html . For oci to work you will need the oci libraries too, you can get the instant client here if you haven't got it already: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/instant-client/index-097480.html
This provides the jars too, so you can skip the ojdbc donwload.

Now all the pieces should be there, to make them work together you have to set ORACLE_HOME to the client path, like this: ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64 in my case, set TNS_ADMIN if you plan to use TNS configuration, and add the $ORACLE_HOME/lib dir to the linker search path, either by LD_LIBRARY_PATH which works but is not recommended, or via /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ method, then call ldconfig again.

If you are on windows setting ORACLE_HOME and adding the executables and the libs to the PATH var should be enough.

In summary what you need are the jars and the oci (libocci, libocijdbc1X.so) libs, when you have them it's just about having them talk together.

Hope it helps, getting Oracle to work like you want it to is always troublesome :)

Regards,

Paolo