On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Chris Haste <cha...@airdata.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,****
>
> ** **
>
> I’m not sure I understand. Are you saying that I don’t have a sufficient
> number of points in my data? I have a regular grid of points covering the
> entire globe at 1.25 x 1.25 degree intervals. Is this not dense enough?

I'm saying a heatmap shows a color based on the different concentration of
points, not their value, so if the grid is regular it's normal that
you get a solid color.

If you want to interpolate a value contained in the attributes of the
points instead you have to use the Barnes surface instead.
See some docs here: http://suite.opengeo.org/docs/cartography/rt/barnes.html

@geowolf
Technical Lead

fax: +39 0584 1660272