Another thing that may be a problem is the size of my dataset.. Worldwide it
consists of 41,760 points. Is this too large a number for the Transformation to
handle?

From: Chris Haste
Sent: 08 January 2013 15:18
To: Chris Haste; Andrea Aime
Cc: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Geoserver-users] gs:Heatmap problems

Well my initial attempts at this are resulting in nothing being displayed, so
I'd like to check whether I have some of the basics correct.

I have an SQL View Layer called TemperatureMap. The SQL in this view returns a
table of two columns: location of type Point and temperature of type Float.

I have set the appropriate (I think) parts of the SLD as follows:
       <NamedLayer>
         <Name>TemperatureMap</Name>
         <UserStyle>
               <ogc:Function name="gs:BarnesSurface">