On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Antonio Parrotta <antonioparro...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I got it working with sld attachet but is has become really slow.
> Geoserver starts to make heavy use of HD with apparently no reason.  If I
> remove both points styling it works speedy Would you please give me some
> hints? The layer is actualy a view on a postgres DB

The reason is likely that you're trying to put into the map way too many
labels, and GeoServer has to accumulate
all of them in memory in order to perform conflict resolution. Either that,
or the database view is heavy and
PostgreSQL is strugglying getting the data out of the disk.

Labelling must always be accompained with some scale limitation to avoid
having too many labels
end up on screen, or in the conflict resolution engine

See also:
http://demo.geo-solutions.it/share/foss4g2011/gs_steroids_sgiannec_foss4g2011.pdf

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.