Hi List,
    When I start GeoServer (2.3-RC1), the first time I go to the layer
list, in the console I see the below three lines for many of the layers.

05 Mar 11:26:03 WARN [org.geotools.jdbc] - Failure occurred while looking
up the primary key with finder:
org.geotools.jdbc.HeuristicPrimaryKeyFinder@32dd29
05 Mar 11:26:03 WARN [org.geotools.jdbc] - No primary key or unique index
found for BOUNDARY_SUBREGION.
05 Mar 11:26:06 WARN [org.geotools.jdbc] - Unrecognized geometry type
DEFAULT falling back on generic 'GEOMETRY'

These are all Oracle Layers. They have an non-nullable unique-value column
that has an index.

Being WARN level events I figured I should try and find out what they're on
about but googling doesn't find much.
Can anyone advise? It all seems to work so it can probably be ignored,
but...

So my questions:
--- What does GeoServer need the primary key for?
--- What happens if it can't find it?
--- What does "Unrecognized geometry type DEFAULT falling back on generic
'GEOMETRY'" mean? My geometry is all in sdo_geometry type columns.

Thanks,
Jonathan

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the
sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,  including without
limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in
accordance with relevant legislation.