On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Ian Turton <ijtur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at http://geowebcache.org/docs/current/services/wms.htmlindicates it
> is possible with the external GWC but that would involve
> setting up a second server.
>
> If I can manage with the integrated GWC life is much easier, but I don't
> see a geowebcache-resources.xml file anywhere.

Hum... from what I can see in that page:

-------------------

GeoWebCache can recombine and resample tiles to answer arbitrary WMS
requests. To enable this feature, open geowebcache-wmsservice-context.xml,
to support this feature must currently be configured to support a PNG
format.
-------------------

That file is a Spring application context one, it's no configuration file.
If you unpack the gwc-<version>.jar file you'll find
a geowebcache-wmsservice-context.xml
file inside, that has the property above, currently set to false.

You can change it to true, re-pack, and see how that goes (btw, quality
will be bad for
vector data, but should be ok for raster ones).

Still, pity that this behavior is not runtime configurable

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead