Dear all,

I am trying to set up geoserver as a gazetteer according to the INSPIRE
data specification on geographical names. The geographical  names are in a
postgresql/postgis database and I am using the app-schema plugin and
feature chaining to configure the feature type.

If I don't set app-schema.joining = true, it works fine but it needs a long
time to complete a request. If I set app-schema.joining = true, it doesn't
work because all 'chained' features are nested within the first feature
instead of being nested within the correct one. That is:

-- app-schema.joining = false

<snm:NamedPlace gml:id="namedplace.5802">
    <snm:name>
        <snm:GeographicalName>...</snm:GeographicalName>
    </snm:name>
</snm:NamedPlace>
<snm:NamedPlace gml:id="namedplace.5802">
    <snm:name>
        <snm:GeographicalName>...</snm:GeographicalName>
    </snm:name>
</snm:NamedPlace>
[5000 snm:NamedPlace follow]

-- app-schema.joining = true

<snm:NamedPlace gml:id="namedplace.5802">
    <snm:name>
        <snm:GeographicalName>...</snm:GeographicalName>
    </snm:name>
    [5000 snm:name  follow]
</snm:NamedPlace>
<snm:NamedPlace gml:id="namedplace.5802">
    [no snm:name on the second and the following features]
</snm:NamedPlace>
[5000 snm:NamedPlace follow]

You can see the non-working feature here (it needs a long time because it
produces a huge and wrong gml file):

http://eiel.lbd.org.es/ideac/wfs?request=GetFeature&typename=snm:NamedPlace

Any ideas? I can send the configuration file, if you want. I do not know
whether it is polite or allowed on this list.

Best regards,
  Miguel