 From: Mark Loper <mark_a_lo...@yahoo.com>
To: "Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net"
<Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:54 AM
Subject: [Geoserver-users] [Geoserver] Error adding WFS Layer

I'm trying to add a layer that is hosted by a ERDAS-Apollo WFS server.  I can
create the Datastore and see the available data sets just fine, however when I
go to publish one of the layers it error's out with the following message:

Caused by: org.geotools.data.DataSourceException: No XSDElementDeclaration
found for {http://www.ionicsoft.com/wfs}DDMS_SMARTS
at
org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parseFeatureType(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:296)
at
org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parse(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:210)
at
org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parseSimpleFeatureType(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:123)
at
org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_Protocol.issueDescribeFeatureTypeGET(WFS_1_1_0_Protocol.java:803)
at
org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.getSchema(WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.java:217)
at
org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFSFeatureSource.<init>(WFSFeatureSource.java:69)
at
org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.getFeatureSource(WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.java:456)
at
org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.getFeatureSource(WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.java:102)
at
org.geoserver.feature.retype.RetypingDataStore.getFeatureSource(RetypingDataStore.java:158)
at
org.geoserver.feature.retype.RetypingDataStore.getFeatureSource(RetypingDataStore.java:293)
at
org.geoserver.feature.retype.RetypingDataStore.getFeatureSource(RetypingDataStore.java:46)
at
org.geoserver.catalog.CatalogBuilder.buildFeatureType(CatalogBuilder.java:327)
at
org.geoserver.web.data.layer.NewLayerPage.buildLayerInfo(NewLayerPage.java:295)

Based on my understanding, Geoserver can't figure out what to do with
DDMS_SMARTS.  But I don't control this server, it is external to me, I just
need the data upon request.  So, what can I do?

Here's the URL for the WFS, you're welcome to give it a try:

http://egeoint.nrlssc.navy.mil/erdas-apollo/vector/smtsoscmetadata?service=WFS&request=GetCapabilities

Thanks,
Mark