On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Jonathan Moules
<jonathanmou...@warwickshire.gov.uk> wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>    If you only want tiles to exist for an hour, is it even worth caching
> them? Although I guess you'll see what the cache-hit-rate is on the gwc page
> ( http://example.com/geoserver/gwc ) which will tell you if it is worth it.
>
> My geowebcache.xml file is in the gwc subdirectory if memory serves. So
> /geoserver_data_dir/.
>
> You can reconfigure where this is though -
> http://geowebcache.org/docs/current/configuration/storage.html - which is
> what I've done and it works well.

You are right, it does not make sense to modify the expiration time
for all of the layers, and there is not a way for doing that for just
a single layer.
I am ending up with a crontab using REST to reseed just the layers I need.
regards

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net