On 08/06/13 17:31, GISnovice wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my first time using geoserver. I want to make a second accound with
> administrator rights but I can't because there aren't any roles with
> ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR as the parent and it doesn't appear in the parent role
> list. Looking at the  documentation
> <http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/webadmin/security/ugr.html#role-services>
>
> it suggests it should be there by default. I can't acess the servers files
> right now but is  this
> <http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/security/usergrouprole/roleservices.html#mapping-roles-to-system-roles>
>
> the best method of setting up the role I want? Can someone also point me in
> the direction of somewhere that explains role properties please?

I'm seeing a similar issue when upgrading a 2.2.5 instance to 2.3.4. We
use http header authentication (UsenamePasswordAuthentication filter is
disabled, and there are no users in geoserver), and it seems that the
roles found in the header are not applied to the user (ie i have
ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR for some users, and they're not recognized as
administrators, no admin menus). Users are correctly authenticated though.

--
Landry Breuil
Mouton a 5 pattes du CRAIG