While running some JMeter tests I noticed that my WMS tiles were all
significantly smaller than the GWC tiles I was comparing to. After some
poking around it seems the issue is that the WMS is returning 24bit PNGs
(even for overlay layers with transparency) and GWC is returning 32bit
PNGs. Is there some way to force the WMS to return 32bit or GWC to use
24bits? I'm not too worried as the WC is still order of magnitudes faster
but the client is concerned the byte counts don't match.

Cheers
Ian

--
Ian Turton