On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Ian Turton <ijtur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While running some JMeter tests I noticed that my WMS tiles were all
> significantly smaller than the GWC tiles I was comparing to. After some
> poking around it seems the issue is that the WMS is returning 24bit PNGs
> (even for overlay layers with transparency) and GWC is returning 32bit
> PNGs. Is there some way to force the WMS to return 32bit or GWC to use
> 24bits? I'm not too worried as the WC is still order of magnitudes faster
> but the client is concerned the byte counts don't match.

It is possible in the stand along gwc, one can
set <transparent>false</transparent> in the layer configuration,
but I don't remember seeing an equivalent in the UI of the embedded GWC
(maybe it's there and I've never noticed?)

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead