Hi Amie and Mauro,

thank you, will try it. does it mean that cascading downgrades WFS to
version 1.0?
Also what do you mean by securing WFS service in geoserver? Original WFS
supports transactions and its open to any client.
Server is private, not mine, need permission for sharing it first. But I've
checked capabilities document, its got transaction part:

<ows:Operation name="Transaction">
<ows:DCP>
<ows:HTTP>
<ows:Get xlink:href="http://ip-addr/server/v1/wfs/?"/>
<ows:Post xlink:href="http://ip-addr/server/v1/wfs/"/>
</ows:HTTP>
</ows:DCP>
<ows:Parameter name="inputFormat">
<ows:Value>text/xml; subtype=gml/2.1.2</ows:Value>
<ows:Value>text/xml; subtype=gml/3.1.1</ows:Value>
<ows:Value>application/gml+xml; version=3.2</ows:Value>
<ows:Value>application/json</ows:Value>
</ows:Parameter>
<ows:Parameter name="idgen">
<ows:Value>GenerateNew</ows:Value>