Hello,

I'm fairly new with geoserver so forgive me if this seems trivial to you.

We are in a situation were we need to serve geoserver behind a reverse
proxy; Every time I try to access geoserver at the address

https://myserver/geoserver/
I get redirected to
http://myserver/geoserver/web

more, if I access

​https://myserver/geoserver/web/

I get the GUI but once i try to enter username & password, the login action
redirects again on http. Looks like the login has been performed because if
I add https in front of the page I am logged in.

It looks like somewhere the server is not reading the protocol correctly
(or maybe it is, just not reading the request correctly)

We have an apache in front of GeoServer with mod_proxy and ajp enabled.
We can play with the apache,unfortunately we cannot touch the reverse proxy
(belongs to an entity that is not very collaborative) and it is only going
to accept https connections, while we have (don't ask why, I have no
reasonable answer to give you) to talk via http to the proxy.

I have tried to set the following properties in web.xml :

PROXY_BASE_URL
Reverse Proxy Filter
​

​together and one at time without success. I have also tried the Proxy Base
Url parameter in Settings->Global without success (I suppose it has the
same effect as the property in web.xml).

this is the version (About GeoServer) of our server :
Version 2.1.4
Subversion Revision 17150
Build Date 01-Jun-2012 17:02
GeoTools Version 2.7.5 (rev 38793)