Ciao Nikolaus,
as Daniele pointed out you have the ability to play with two transparency

-1- Input Transparent Color
With this you can turn individual pixel on mosaic granules to transparent
BEFORE mosaicking

-2- Output Transparent Color
When there areas in the mosaic that are not covered by granules you can use
the background values option to set the fill value and then use the output
transparent color to turn
void areas into transparent.

By default background value is 0, hence void areas are black.
Use 000000 (black) for OutputTransparentColor to make this transparent.

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more