Hi

I got around the printing authenticated layers issue by creating a user
in Geoserver called printer with access to all layers.

You can then add this security block in your config.yaml to send all
print requests as a specified user:

Security:
  - !basicAuth
    Matcher: !dnsMatch
      host: geoserver
      port: 8080
    username: printer
    password: password
    preemptive: true

As for the filename there's an outputFilename: parameter you can put in
the config.yaml, I'm guessing you can substitute any variable that
you're sending to mapfish in there as you do elsewhere:

outputFilename: '${customfilename}'

Hope this helps

Tom