Hi,

For me it looks like it is not GWC that fails but WMS. GWC seems to wait a
response from the WMS but that never comes. Something goes wrong when WMS is
trying to process the metatile GetMap that is sent by GWC.
Perhaps if you enable request logging of your Jetty or Tomcat you could find
GetMaps which fail. I can't say out of memory how to configure the request
logging nor if GetMaps goes into the log when using the integrated GWC.

If you know which file makes troubles, run gdalinfo from that and also from one
of the well behaving images and send reports into the list.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
Tom Chadwin wrote:

> The problem does seem to be with specific source TIFFs in the mosaic, one of
which I have identified specifically. I can view it in layer preview as part
of the mosaic, but if try to seed a GWC job with the bounding box limited to
this one TIFF, it fails with the errors in the first post in this thread.

> What can cause GWC to fail on some TIFFs but not on others? In other words,
how do I investigate this further?