Hi folks,

is there a way to let Geoserver handle a multi-band Geotiff as a
temporal mosaic? I have a large collection of GeoTiffs that each have
about 1000+ bands. The temporal reference is related to the bands in the
following way:

data.tif#band1: 01-2006
data.tif#band2: 02-2006
data.tif#band2: 03-2006
data.tif#bandN: 12-2099

Up to now I have built mosaics as described in [1]. But littering my
disk with thousands of small files seems not to be a good solution in
this case. Mapping timestamps into bands would be my favourite solution.

Is this possible, and if so, how can I do it?

Cheers,
Matthias

[1]:
http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/tutorials/imagemosaic_timeseries/imagemosaic_timeseries.html