> Which is never going to work.
> Problem is...where is this configured? Where would I go to tell
> GeoServer how to find the OpenLayers assets?
The OL that comes with Geoserver is really just there to support Layer
preview. It isnt used for anything else. For your own applications, you
would point to your own version of OL on your application server (which
would typically be a completely different server to the one geoserver is
running on). In my opinion, you want your own version of OL, where you
use the OL custom build tools to bring in only what you need and where
you can patch as required.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.