Hey there Phil,

Yep, thanks for the advice on running the production server version of
OL separately from the default install shipped with GeoServer...that's
exactly what we're doing. We don't have trouble with finding the OL
libraries in our external applications...that's all fine.

I probably wasn't clear earlier: the only thing I'm trying to do is get
the GeoServer's OL preview to work.

As a GeoServer Admin, I simply want to use the Preview>OpenLayers
option. That's where we get the error as our GeoServer is looking for
the OL library at http://127.0.0.1/ etc

I manually scanned every xml config file I could find last night and
still can't work out why GeoServer is trying to find the OL library via
a localhost IP address.

Just to be clear:

1. Login to GeoServer as Admin

2. Go to Layer Preview, choose any layer (even the pre-installed examples)

3. Choose to Preview via OpenLayers

4. Get an error in the image display (ie, there is no map shown...the
surrounding frame is shown)

5. Look at the page source or use Firebug>Console. Reported error is
"undefined element openlayers"

6. Note that the preview page is trying to load OpenLayers javascript
from 127.0.0.1

7. Be confused...ask for help!

Thanks again for your patience: can't wait to find out where I've gone
wrong.

Kind regards,
JB

--
John Brisbin
Managing Director, BoaB interactive Pty Ltd

E: j...@boab.info
M: 0407 471 565 | P: 07 4094 2172
Skype: boabjohn | Twitter: @boabjohn