And the GetMap url in server GetCapabilities does not contain that
&version=1.1.1 part?

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähettäjä: Edward Mac Gillavry [mailto:emacgilla...@hotmail.com]
Lähetetty: 4. syyskuuta 2014 16:48
Vastaanottaja: Andrea Aime; Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
Kopio: Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Aihe: RE: [Geoserver-users] Config cascading WMS 1.3: Capabilities req params
overruled

Hi,

Thanks for your pointers. The upstream WMS server (SharpMap) ONLY supports WMS
1.3. Sending a proper, full GetCapabilities request version 1.3 to the upstream
WMS server using wget or the web browser, I get the proper document in response.

The "client" here is GeoServer, as I am configuring the upstream WMS as a store
in the GS management interface with the exact same GetCapabilities URL for
version 1.3. Upon adding layers, GS appears to hijack the request tagging
version 1.1.1 onto the end of the request.

No INSPIRE metadata is involved in the exchange.

Hope this makes it more clear.

Thanks in advance,

Edward