Hi Jukka,

indeed I use a WCS 2.0 range query  to select a point, this does mean that the
client request needs to be adapted to the resolution of the coverage. In case
the area matches multiple pixels, I plan to compute the average band value
over all pixels, because that is also a valid use case.

I have also used range subsetting for band selection, although I did encounter
some inconsistencies in the geoserver implementation which I had to work
around, but this may have been specific to my custom data backend.

best regards,
Jeroen