Hello GeoServer users,

I am making wcs 1.0.0 requests for geotiffs against a coverage layer.
Does GeoServer support returning geotiffs via wcs that are "Point"
instead of "Area" pixels for the meta-data value: "AREA_OR_POINT"? This
metadata field is further explained here:
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_datamodel.html. By default the geotiff writer
assumes area, and that writer appears to be used in the
GeoTIFFCoverageResponseDelegate. Is there some way to set this as a hint
in the wcs query url or is there something I can overwrite when
extending the AbstractGridCoverage2DReader and/or the AbstractGridFormat
so that the ResponseDelegate will pick up on that hint? Although it may
not matter I am working with geoserver 2.5.2 / geotools 11.2.

Also if this question is more appropriate for the geotools user list let
me know.

Thanks - Andrew

--
- Andrew Annex, Data Scientist.