We're looking for ways to improve performance of Identify operations in a
web map client (using OpenLayers).  We are seeing poor performance due to
the network latency of retrieving large GetFeatureInfo reponses.  Is there
any way to reduce the size of geometries returned in GetFeatureInfo

In order of decreasing preference, things that might work for us include:

1. simplify the geometry
2. provide only the bounding box rather than full geometry
3. eliminate the geometry entirely

Does the WMS vendor parameter propertyName [1] allow removing the geometry
from the response?  In any case this isn't ideal for us, because we'd
prefer to not have to specify the required properties explicitly.

The #2 option of returning only BBOX would be ideal - is that possible?