From: Paul Wittle [mailto:p.wit...@dorsetcc.gov.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:53 AM
To: jonathan-li...@lightpear.com
Cc: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] What is Vector Big Data to GeoServer?

Hi Jonathan,

You are correct in your assumption of AddressBase Premium and yes we do have
all the normal methods including spatial indices and pre-seeded caches.

The issue is when people hit a tile that doesn't exist. This is bound to happen
eventually and definitely happens when you seed the cache.

The issue we have noticed is that that layer takes an age to draw tiles when
they are not in the cache and we wondered how to speed it up. There is no issue
from the Oracle point of view, we can query it and it returns reasonably
quickly but the GeoServer is a different. The style is just a couple of
coloured triangles based on property type so it is not complex.

If you give the GeoServer a materialised view of a smaller area it is fine and
fast, but give it the whole dataset with a spatial index and it is horrifically
slow. We thought perhaps there is a known size by which you ought to split the
data into multiple materialised views / layers and just make it a layer group?

Thanks,
Paul