Hi Nhan,
   I think you could do this with a "group by NAME" in an SQL View -
http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/database/sqlview.html - at that
point each Name will only appear once as far as the layer is concerned.
Cheers,
jonathan

---- On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 14:15:49 +0100 Nhan Vo<nha...@smileconsult.de>
wrote ----

  Hi,

 Assuming I have a feature Person with a name attribute, and in PostGIS store I
have:

 Person 1: name=Ann
 Person 2: name=Ann
 Person 3: name=Ann
 Person 4: name=Ba
 Person 5: name=Bo
 Person 6: name=Clech

 Then with the following pseudo WFS GetFeature Url

 http://example.com/geoserver/wfs?
    service=wfs&
    version=2.0.0&
    request=GetFeature&
    typeNames=namespace:featuretype&
    count=3&
    sortBy=name

 I will get the first 3 Ann's. Is there any way to make the duplicates count
only as 1, i.e. I want the response to return the first 3 Ann's + Ba + Bo (3
Ann's count as 1 and not 3)?

 Thanks!

 Nhan