Viv,

I merged this fix today. It should appear in the next nightly build for
GeoServer master.

Note that, for reasons of backwards compatibility, this functionality is
disabled by default. To enable this option, set the JVM system property:

-Dorg.geotools.coverage.io.netcdf.enhance.ScaleMissing=true

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 15/10/16 01:37, Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
> Hi Viv,
> a JIRA has been created in the past weeks to deal with that:
> https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOT-5516
>
> A PR has already been made to handle it (thanks Devon):
> https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/1301
>
> I think that it will be merged early next week (these days there is a
> Freeze due to releases in progress).
> So it should be available as part of the GeoServer nightly build in a
> couple of days.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Cheers,
> Daniele
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM, <viv...@gfz-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I have downloaded a NetCDf file that contains packed short integer values.
>>
>> The NetCDF Variables section looks like this:
>> variables:
>>     float longitude(longitude) ;
>>         longitude:units = "degrees_east" ;
>>         longitude:long_name = "longitude" ;
>>     float latitude(latitude) ;
>>         latitude:units = "degrees_north" ;
>>         latitude:long_name = "latitude" ;
>>     int time(time) ;
>>         time:units = "hours since 1900-01-01 00:00:0.0" ;
>>         time:long_name = "time" ;
>>         time:calendar = "gregorian" ;
>>     short sst(time, latitude, longitude) ;
>>         sst:scale_factor = 0.00053530401667862 ;
>>         sst:add_offset = 286.836646410492 ;
>>         sst:_FillValue = -32767s ;
>>         sst:missing_value = -32767s ;
>>         sst:units = "K" ;
>>         sst:long_name = "Sea surface temperature" ;
>>

>> Can GeoServer handle with scale_factor and add_offset attribute to unpack
>> the values?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> viv

Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>