Hi Viv,
adding some feedbacks to Ben's ones.

I have a sample NetCDF with a temperature variable containing scale_factor
and add_offset attributes.
I have a colormap for celsius degrees temperature.
When the system property is properly set, I can see proper colors and
proper values in a getFeatureInfo:

​Note the value is a floating point number, coming from the "scale_factor"
and "add_offset" properties being applied.

When disabling that property and rendering again the layer, I have to
switch off the colormap style (since the quantities are different) and need
to use the default raster style.

​Note the value now is -6109 since the scale_factor and add_offset hasn't
being applied.

So, as suggested by Ben, what is not working on your case?
Please, let us know.

Cheers,
Daniele

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 2:50 AM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>
wrote:

> Viv,
>
> Devon confirms that you are using the correct JVM system property.
>
> (1) What is the symptom that that you see? Map output unscaled? WMS
> GetFeatureInfo unscaled (clicking on OpenLayers map to get values)? WCS
> response incorrect?
>
> (2) What Conventions global attribute is set in the NetCDF file? The
> behaviour of the library depends on this attribute. If set to "CF-1.6"
> then scale_factor and add_offset should be supported.
>
> (3) "int" is an unusual type for "time"; "int" types are sometimes
> interpreted as categorical data. I do not know if the GeoServer NetCDF
> plugin has been tested with "int" time. The symptom of this being a
> problem would be time not being recognised as a dimension or the entire
> file being rejected. If it works (other than scale/offset not being
> applied), then time is likely OK.
>
> Kind regards,
> Ben.
>

> On 24/10/16 22:19, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
> > Viv,
> >
> > that should be everything that is required. I have asked Devon (the
> > implementer of the new functionality) to check that my advice is
> > correct. Thank you for testing it!
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Ben.
> >
> > On 24/10/16 21:45, viv...@gfz-potsdam.de wrote:
> >> Hi Ben,
> >>
> >> I installed last GeoServer master war archive from 2016-10-23
> >> (http://ares.boundlessgeo.com/geoserver/master/) and netcdf plugin.
> >> Additionally I enabled the JVM system property option:
> >> -Dorg.geotools.coverage.io.netcdf.enhance.ScaleMissing=true
> >>
> >> GeoServer is still not able to deal with scale_factor and add_offset. Is
> >> there something more to do or to install?
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Viv

> ------------------

> Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>
> Director
> Transient Software Limited <http://transient.nz/>
> New Zealand

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

*AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.