Hi Daniele,
Thank you so much for your help, I now understand this better.

Indeed the coordinates in my database do not match yours. My coordinates:
141.2360354389780 24.71410800000001
141.2360354389780 24.84306000000000
141.4058114389780 24.85004400000000
141.4063154389780 24.72102000000001
141.2360354389780 24.71410800000001

In comparison to yours:
141.23592743897802 24.711048,
141.23592743897802 24.852888,
141.40671143898942 24.852888,
141.40671143898942 24.711048,
141.23592743897802 24.711048

If I put both sets of coordinates on my map, the yellow shaded one
represents my coordinates, and the un-shaded square represents your
coordinates.
OldAndNewCompared.PNG
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5296520/OldAndNewCompared.PNG>

And if I now view the image mosaic layer, the image would map my old
coordinates perfectly
withImage.PNG
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5296520/withImage.PNG>

So in conclusion, it seems like a reprojection problem, but I am not sure
what's the best way to resolve this yet. I would like to display my old
coordinates on the map as the dashed footprint because they match my image,
and I also want my image to match the dashed footprint perfectly. But it
seems like I need 2 sets of coordinates to achieve this?

I must be missing something obvious, please advise.

Thank you very much,
eting