Hi,

we need to secure resources within our Geoserver on a layer or service level.
Is it possible to achieve this using the oAuth2 community module? If yes, how
would I go about doing this?

I want to do this in an automated way, i.e. I wouldn't want the user to first
sign in to Geoserver to then be able to use the respective services or layers
in the web application.

If oAuth2 is not possible what other ways exist to achieve this?

I see the Key authentication module for example
(http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/community/authkey/index.html) but not
sure if that would provide the right level of security.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Max Stephan

Key authentication module - GeoServer 2.10.x User
Manual<http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/community/authkey/index.html>
docs.geoserver.org
Key authentication moduleĀ¶ The authkey module for GeoServer allows for a very
simple authentication protocol designed for OGC clients that cannot handle any
kind of ...