Von: alessio.fabi...@gmail.com <alessio.fabi...@gmail.com> im Auftrag von
Alessio Fabiani <alessio.fabi...@geo-solutions.it>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2017 13:56:17
An: Max Stephan
Cc: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Geoserver-users] Securing access to OWS. Possible through oAuth 2?

Hi Max,
oauth2 can allow you to do this since in the end it relies on generated
access_tokens which are more or less similar to the fixed keys of the authkey
module.

The difference is that setting up the oauth2 is much more complex, but it also
gives you more security and reliability (as an instance the access_tokens are
generated and are associated to expiring sessions instead of being permanent as
for the authkey module).
The problem is that actually you need an oauth2 service provider of course. If
you want to implement your custom oauth2 service provider, then you might need
to create also a small custom extension of the GeoServer plugin.

Best Regards,
Alessio Fabiani.

Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani
@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o nel/i
file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il loro utilizzo
è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio, per le finalità
indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne
il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di darcene notizia via e-mail e di
procedere alla distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro
sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo anche in parte,
distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità diverse,
costituisce comportamento contrario ai principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative
Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in
accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution,
or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except
previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail
and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The
sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy
or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission, viruses, etc.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Max Stephan