Thanks for contacting the community:

Can I ask if you have read the following page of the user guide:

1)
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/webadmin/layers.html#wms-attribution

2)
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/services/wms/webadmin.html#watermark-settings

Depending on your client these may due the trick.

For more advanced functionality see
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/services/wms/decoration.html

Aside: this was sent todevel-list (for those working on geoserver), the
geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net is used for questions.

--
Jody Garnett