On 2017-11-07 12:45 AM, Andrea Aime wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Steve Omondi
> <steve.omo...@ramani.co.ke <mailto:steve.omo...@ramani.co.ke>> wrote:
>
>     *How do I use GWC in front of multiple Geoservers with data
>     security checks (Rules) workin and perform Authorization for the
>     layers being accessed and the seeded tiles? How do I mage Stand
>     alone GWC perform Data Security Check like the Embedded GWC does?*
>     *
>     *
>

> To the best of my knowledge, you don't. Security integration happens
> only if you run GWC embedded in GeoServer,
> a stand-alone GWC has no notion of security at all (can be developed
> of course, but does not seem a trivial task).

The most recent stand alone GWC (1.12) has the notion of data security
(the new SecurityFilter extension point).  It just doesn't have anything
more than a notion as the only implementation of SecurityFilter so far
is in GeoServer.

A SecurityFilter that talks to a remote GeoServer is certainly possible
if someone wanted to write one, although it would lose some of the
benefit of caching since it would be going to the back end for a
security check each request.

--
Kevin Michael Smith
<smit...@draconic.ca>