A SecurityFilter that talks to a remote GeoServer is certainly possible if
someone wanted to write one, although it would lose some of the benefit of
caching since it would be going to the back end for a security check each
request.

​This would be great. It could be implemented with an option to force GWC
to go to the backend Geoserver and perform security check just like the
Integrated GWC​ with the *Enable Data Security*

*[image: Inline image 1]*

So depending on whether I choose to E*nable Data Security Checks *or not
then GWC can leverage the *SecurityFilter *for the Tilesets.

Kind regards,
Steve Omondi