Hi,

The XML prefix is only an alias to the namespace [1] so it doesn't need to
match the schema used prefix, but I agree that it looks a bit strange.
The prefix is just a short way of saying, hey this element belongs to that
namepsace ... as long as the used prefix is pointing to the correct
namespace everything should work as expected.

Consider the situation where you have to use two namespaces that by coincidence
where using the same prefix ? If you couldn't choose an
arbitrary prefix for the namespace this would defeat the propose of XML
namespaces.  As far I can tell we are free to use the prefix we want
when using a certain workspace on our XML document.

Do you have any issue if you use HALE generated mappings with App-Schema as is ?

That said, is weird that HALE is generating a specific prefix and not try to
use the ones defined in the XSD schema. But without debugging this
particular use case I can't really tell why this is happening.

Regards,

Nuno Oliveira

[1] https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_namespaces.asp