In GeoServer we use a slightly different format to handle ttf marks - see
https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/styling/sld/extensions/pointsymbols.html#bulk-ttf-marks

So something like:

 <PointSymbolizer>
     <Graphic>
       <Mark>
         <WellKnownName>ttf://ESRI Default Marker#0x005F</WellKnownName>
         <Fill>
           <CssParameter name="fill">#354da8</CssParameter>
         </Fill>
         <Stroke/>
       </Mark>
     <Size>16</Size>
   </Graphic>
 </PointSymbolizer>

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 17:15, Malena Libman <malena.lib...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need some help, maybe someone can guide me.
>
> I'm working on Geoserver 2.14.1 on Tomcat 8.5, QGIS 3.4.3-Madeira.
>
> I have a really complex style in ArcGIS (awful) that I was able to import
> to qgis with "slyr" a plugin that takes the *.STYLE and makes it an xml
> style for QGIS.
>
> When I match my polygons in qgis I save that to an sld file.
>
> The file needs some work to be able to work on Geoserver, I know, but I
> have not been able to solve this snippet:
>             <Fill>
>               <GraphicFill>
>                 <Graphic>
>                   <Mark>
>                     <OnlineResource xlink:href="ttf://ESRI Default
> Marker" xlink:type="simple"/>
>                     <Format>ttf</Format>
>                     <MarkIndex>95</MarkIndex>
>                     <Fill>
>                       <CssParameter name="fill">#354da8</CssParameter>
>                       <CssParameter name="stroke-dasharray">15
> 15</CssParameter>
>                     </Fill>
>                   </Mark>
>                   <Size>8</Size>
>                 </Graphic>
>               </GraphicFill>
>             </Fill>
>
> I understand I need to provide the ttf file, but I can't figure out where
> do I need to put it or if this syntax is correct, since I had to make so
> many changes.
>
> Can you guide me to where I might find a solution? Maybe there is
> something in the cookbook I missed...
>
> Attached you will find two files for reference, the original qgis and the
> one I have now that should work if it wasn't for the ttf mark (I think).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Cheers
>
> Malena
>
> If you want to request a feature or an improvement, also see this:
> https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer

Ian Turton