GeoSolutions has been using jai-ext enabled for years now, reporting and
fixing issues related to it. Not everyone has the tech knowledge to work
against raster operators, but anyone interested in helping the project can
open a report with a sample dataset and request to reproduce the problem.
I suggest anyone finding problems to do the same, trying the latest release
first, as disabling jai-ext might not be available for much longer (if/when
ImageN, hhd JAI replacement, and jai-ext, merge)