On 25-02-2020 13:37, Uwe Seher wrote:
Hello!
I am trying to add a wfs build by ourself as a wfs-ng datasource. This work just to the point when i try to create a layer from the datasource.
At this moment the following error occurs (full stacktrace as file):

at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.v2_0.StrictWFS_2_0_Strategy.findParameters(StrictWFS_2_0_Strategy.java:643) at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.v2_0.StrictWFS_2_0_Strategy.getServerSupportedOutputFormats(StrictWFS_2_0_Strategy.java:529) at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.AbstractWFSStrategy.getDefaultOutputFormat(AbstractWFSStrategy.java:377)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSRequest.<init>(WFSRequest.java:73)
at

this suggegst there is a missing (or perhaps unsupported) output format somewhere in your capabilities file. I think while parsing the describeFeatureType see the location of the NPE: https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/5df58c1ab9b9585655b2fc132e8f2b15c8bf5dae/modules/unsupported/wfs-ng/src/main/java/org/geotools/data/wfs/internal/v2_0/StrictWFS_2_0_Strategy.java#L642-L646

When i add the wfs in QGIS everything works, also the getCapabilities via browser. I am running geoserver 2.15.1 on tomcat9 (openJDK).

QGIS is not a validating WFS client so that does't mean anything.

In any case I would try with a supported version of geoserver or at least the latest patch release before anything else.

-M