Interesting. So it would be possible for the admin to look up the error
later but the front end could not "pass" a meaningful error to the front
end user.... because the error can't be passed through with the users
authentication programmatically, user would not have access to server
side....

I am currently not using wfs but going straight through PHP to postGIS with
my app and this allows me to capture the full error from Postgres.  This
list has suggested wfs is the preferred method however, this is good to
know.

Vera